Friday, September 7, 2007

Disney or Bust!!

YeeeeHaaaaaw! One final work week and its off to the most magical place on earth. Of course I'm not looking forward to the magic as I am the time off from work, but hey what can be better than spending your time away from work at Disney World. Gabby every morning gets up and asks, "How many more days till Disney?" She is really excited about going! She will tell you everyday which rides she wants to go on and which characters she does and does not want her picture taken with. We usually start our trip in the Magic Kingdom, followed by Epcot, AnimalKingdom, and MGM Studios last.
For those of you who have not had the priviledge of taking your children to Disney yet I would say as soon as financially possible find a way to go with them. There is nothing like watching their eyes as they walk up to the castle at the Magic Kingdom, or the look when they see the enomous EPCOT ball. I have to admit even when I go and look I am filled wtih wonder. There truly is not place like it on earth.
I wish all of you could go with me, but I'm sure the room would be rather full, as well as the luggage. You know theres something about women and their luggage. They have a way of packing cinder blocks in their bags or something. It doesn't matter where your going or how long you plan to be there a womans bag always seem to be 20 pounds heavier than everyone elses. Why is that? Just another female mystery that I don't have the answer to and probably never will!!!
Anyway, I will blog you all before I leave and as soon as I return and will do my best to have some pictures of the family for you.

5 comments:

K E Alexander said...

I can't wait to take my grandson Lex to Disney! He will love "It's a Small World" and the song will be stuck in my head for weeks but it will be well worth it! By the way...he was 1 yesterday and today is the party!!

L A Brannen said...

I hope you have a great trip and enjoy it all. I no longer have any kids to take to Disneyland. :( I guess if I ever go again, everyone will know that I'm still a kid at heart. And by the way! I'm now 64, pressing 65, and I still haven't found out why a woman needs fourteen changes of clothes for a seven day vacation.

Fred Alton said...

Hey TJ! Thanks for letting us all know of the change in you URL. It is a mystery about most women's luggage - and they don't have to carry the stuff I do...like an extra flashlight, my coffee pot, my camera, my laptop, an extra raincoat, first aid kit, GPS, binocs, pocket knife with fork and spoon attched, etc. Mine is always heavier than your Aunt Frances' bag, but then I have to share all my gadgets with her!!!

Fred Alton said...

Just one more thing - You ain't all that strange. Did you hear what David Ring said about being "normal"? Well, I heard Ring say that a friend asked him once - "Don't it make you feel funny? You tell people you a preacher, and you ain't normal?" Ring said, "I wook at he-im, and I say-d, 'You thank you normal? Thank agiiin!"

Travelin' On said...

Hey booboo
How ru?
Yep Disney is really fun, isn't it? I'm very glad that you get to make this well deserved trip! You're a wonderful dad to your girls! They will have some awesome memories! Good for you! (of course Sarah too)
I hope you will enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
I love you guys.....