Sunday, August 24, 2008

Don't Worry I Am Alive!

Hello out there to all my family members and blogosphere friends! It seems I have again found my way back to the blogrealm. I always feel terrible for not keeping up, but my life is pretty hum-drum so I figure why type the same thing all over again! :-)
Well I have been doing some soul searching as of late.... I have had one of those 'dark times' as I sometimes call it. It's not depression its just that time in your life when you look around and say, "Is this it? Is this as good as its going to get?!" I'm sure nobody out there in the world knows what I'm talking about right? Come on we have all had those times haven't we.
Well it came to me that my problem is that I don't fully understand who I am! I some how seem to forget on a constant basis that I am a blood bought child of God who has the right to life, and have it more abundantly, just as my savior and Lord promised. I finally had a thought that hit me like a ton of bricks. Paul said "This same power that raised Jesus from the dead is in you..." (oakley's unauthorized version) Now when I finally understood that as Paul meant it I could no longer accept my view of life. If you do a word study on the word same in that scripture a closer translation would be IDENTICAL.
We sometimes say of children you are just like your mother when they are not completely the same they are similar. That is not what Paul was saying. Paul was saying that the power that is in you is the identical power that raised Jesus from the dead! WOW!!! It's not similar, it didn't just come from the same place, it didn't roll over to us like cellular minutes. God imparts to us a portion of the same, exact, identical power. We have the resurrection power of Jesus Christ in us!! The very power that conquered death, hell and the grave works in us. The very power that took on all of mans sins and came out victorious is in us. The power that took on Satan and all his minions face to face is in us! Why then should we cower before anyone? Why then should we as Gods people, who are the heirs and recipients of this outpouring, take a step back away from the line that has been drawn in the sand? We are more than just believers. We have been given the power with which to thwart all of Satan's attacks. I have come to the realization that nothing can stand before the power of the resurrection. NOTHING!!! How long will the people of God sit back and believe that we are helpless in this world today. How long will we ask the question, "what more can we do?" It is time for the people of God to stand and know that we have a power that cannot be contested. We are able to change this world and shake its foundations with the power of the resurrection. When Jesus rose the earth shook and hundreds of dead people in their graves rose because of the intensity of the explosion that was the resurrection. If we, the people of God, the true followers will rise all the dead, dried up, weak, and terrified bodies around us will become quickened by the blast radius of our explosion for Jesus! We must rise in the power that has been given to us! We are more than Christians we are Gods army!!! I thank God that he showed me who I really am.... A powerful, mighty, unafraid, warrior; who can stand on the resurrection and know that I WILL WIN!!!

2 comments:

Travelin' On said...

I'm so glad to see that you're "alive" and well!! That's quite a good encouraging sermon you've posted there! :)
Sorry you've felt down. I know it's a natural part of the rhthym of life but yet it is difficult at times. You ARE a WINNER, and yes you are God's child. I know that you know it though at times with the cares of life, it is easy to forget and hold on to it.
I love you, Sarah, Gabby, and Isabelle so VERY much. I am so proud of you!
Thanks for you sweet and ecouraging comment on my blog as well. God bless you always!

Favorite One said...

TJ - my long, lost cousin! Oh, you aren't lost - you know right where you are! In the arms of God! I know that we have God's seed in us - and just like a seed, sometimes we appear "dormant" but we need that time for fertilization so we can bear fruit for everyone to see. God certainly uses you in some powerful ways & your fruit is showing more than you realize! Love you lots & look forward to seeing you soon. Hugs & kisses to Sarah, Gabby & Isabelle. Love, your favorite cousin, Ruthie.