Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just some more from the "T" man

Hello everyone! I have been trying my best to keep up with my blog and I appreciate all the folks that still come around and read what I have to say.
Every where I look I see the prophecies of the Bible coming to pass. If there has ever been an exciting time to be alive its now, but with that excitement comes a great responsibility. We must be ready for our lord's eminent coming while engaging the world around us with the kingdom of God. We must be the voice of one crying in the wilderness for our generation.
It seems that every preacher is preaching the same thing. The time for games and masks is over. We must arise as a people and be truly ready for the coming of our Lord. How hard it is to let go of the everyday stuff and grasp the eternal.
I was reminded of a saying in the movie Gladiator recently. Maximus (Russel Crowe) stands before his men about to ride into battle. Within his great oration he utters a wonderful phrase that I wish to strive to live my life by. He looks to his army and says, "...Men what we do in life, echoes in eternity."
Oh that the people of God would grasp this statement. When all is gone and faded away and we humans of shadows and dust are gone, what will be left? Let us live these last days ready for our Lord's return. Watching and praying.

4 comments:

Favorite One said...

Amen Brother TJ! You're so right - I think part of that revelation came as I got older - but you're so correct about our environment being an ever present reminder. I like that phrase "what we do in life echoes in eternity". So true. I'm glad you're keeping up your blog - I've not done too good with mine lately. And, I'd bet there are others that have read your blog, but don't take time to comment. Keep it coming - I really enjoy it! Looking forward to Thanksgiving!

Travelin' On said...

Hey Preacher!
Good to see that you're home again.
A good thought here, as always. :)
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragment. I needed that today!

Fred Alton said...

T.J., It's great to read your blog again. Yes, I am now officially retired (As of July 9). I had not installed hi-speed internet at the house until this past Wednesday - so it was discouraging to try the dial-up juno stuff which Frances uses. You don't want to try to do anything on a blog with slow speed. Smile. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Sarah and the girls at Thanksgiving time.